Friday, December 23, 2005

 

The Baby's Arrival

22-DEC-2005:
The day when Dominic was born. I was given 2 pieces of dry crackers and a cup of Milo for breakfast. Then, some kind of laxative was inserted into my anus, which less than 2 minutes later, made me flush out everything. :p

SM arrived at around 7:30am. At about 8:30am, we were taken to the labour suite. It was a pretty nice, big room with a leather rocking arm chair (for husbands, I suppose). The doctor came in at about 8:45am, did another painful vaginal examination and broke my water bag. Then I was put on the drip. Moments later, I began to feel really painful contractions. The pain came every 15 mins or so and each time, it lasted for about 1 min. It went on like that forever ... until at about 12pm, the doctor came in and delivered the baby. It only took about 5 pushes.

All I wanted to do was to sleep after that. By the time I got out of the delivery suite, it was already 3pm.

The baby's name is Dominic Chim Wing Jien. In Mandarin, the name is pronounced as Zhang Rong Jien; Rong as in "Fu Gui Rong Hua" which means to flourish, glorious or splendour; Jien as in "Jian Qiang" which means strong or firm. In Cantonese, the name is pronounced as "Cheong Wing Kin".



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google