Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Insomnia

12-JAN-2006:
Dominic is now 3 weeks old. He has become more alert, which I think is a good thing. The downside is that he doesn't fall asleep easily now. He is always wide awake or crying. He needs to be rocked to sleep and he naps only for a short time while being carried. According to the books, babies need to be cuddled, rocked and held very often to assure them that the world is safe. I just hope that Dominic will grow out of this otherwise I'll never get anything done around the house. Right now, he fits the description of a hyperalert or high-needs infant, who require more of everything except sleep. He's not very regular in his feeding (I blame it on the breastmilk), and he needs lots of holding, carrying and rocking.

He has become more chubby now. Since he seems to eat more than a regular baby, I'm slightly worried that he'll turn out over-weight. While still in the womb, the gynae has mentioned that his waist measurement is bigger than usual, in other words he could be a fat baby. I tried to weigh him on the home scale (which is not very accurate) and I think he has gained about 1kg since birth. We'll be able to know his exact weight after we visit his pediatrician next week.

He is also beginning to lose hair. The top of his head is almost bald now. I hope the hair will grow back soon.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google