Monday, February 04, 2008

 

"Wee Wee" Training - Part 1

4-FEB-2008:

Finally, as advised by my sister-in-law Kimusan Dominic had his first diaper-free experience over the weekend. I know the advice came a long time ago but there was always something happening every weekend and top it up with a little bit of procrastination, this is what we get. :-)

So ... on Saturday, we put Dominic out of his diaper for about an hour. In between, we showed him to the toilet once, where we asked him stand on his red Ikea chair and pee into the toilet bowl. Surprisingly, he did so immediately. Well, at least he understood what we were trying to do. That was the only time he pee-ed during the course of that one hour. The most difficult part of that hour was to keep him out of the rooms (carpets, you know) and away from the couch.

Sunday ... we did the same thing again, this time a little bit longer. Again, he pee-ed into the toilet bowl when we asked him to - so far so good. And he didn't wet any parts of the house (phew!).

From today onwards, my plan is to free him from diaper for an hour each evening between after his bath and his bedtime. During that hour, he will not be allowed to watch TV on the couch or play with his toys in his room - I imagine that would be pretty tough. Haha!

I reckon the best place and time to toilet train him is when we go back to Malaysia for our holiday in May - where he can freely pee anywhere in ma-ma's house as he likes, it'll just take a few swipes of the cloth to wipe it out.

Finally, two things that I'm happy about today:

(1) I had to send Dominic to the nursery today (because daddy left for work early) and he didn't cry. Even waved me goodbye. Woo-hoo!

(2) I'm happy that I got some exercise at the gym today.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google