Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

His Favourite Toy

2-APR-2006:
Dominic received a Lamaze toy from his uncle at birth. I have kept the toy away since because of 2 reasons:
  1. The box said the toy is suitable for babies 3 months and above.
  2. I didn't think that Dominic will appreciate the toy since it is basically just a soft toy which doesn't make any sounds or movements. (In other words, it looks like a boring toy to me. [shhh]).
Recently, I removed the toy from its box when Dominic turned 3 months old and hung it at the side of his crib. Surprisingly, it captured Dominic's attention almost immediately. I now come to appreciate the toy more and more. It is colourful ... with bold and contrast colours ... I believe one of the reasons why Dominic likes it. At times when Dominic was just yelling for attention and I was busy, I'll just leave him in his cot and the toy will entertain him for about an hour.

The toy is called la pieuvre coloree by Lamaze (whatever it means ... I think it means something colourful). It is basically a soft toy shaped like an octopus. Each of the octopus legs is of different colour and there's a tiny mirror on one of them.






Here's another toy which is as colourful but does not catch Dominic's attention as much as the 'Octopus'. I bought it for him myself so that he can practice holding stuffs.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google