Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

Dim Sum Outing

25-Jun-2006:

Today, we met up with a bunch of Chinese friends to have Dim Sum. As usual, Dominic was the centre of attention for the ladies. To their disappointment, Dominic was fast asleep when we got there. "Why don't you wake him up?" Another mother would never ask this question. As if sensing their eagerness to meet him, Dominic woke up on his own, to my dismay.
If you have been to any Chinese restaurant before (discounting the 5-stars hotel restaurants), you'd know how jam-packed the place would be. There was hardly enough space for an overweight person to walk thru, much less space for Dominic's push chair. There were 10 of us including Dominic and it was lunch time on a Sunday afternoon. Luckily enough, we got a table immediately located at a corner of the restaurant. It was great because there was just enough space in the corner for Dominic.





Half way through lunch, Dominic did a poop. There was no where I could clean him. Definitely not right there where he would be adding a little extra aroma to the meal. The restaurant loo wasn't baby-friendly at all. There was no where I could lie Dominic down to change him. I would've pushed his buggy out onto the sidewalk. Only, it would mean the person sitting next to me and the one next to her and the next and the next would have to get up to let me through. Too bad ... Dominic had to wait till we were done with lunch.
Dim Sum was superb. It was one of the best meals I've had since I got here. I stuffed myself to the neck and took away some too. :p All in all, it was a great meal that cost £14 per person.
After lunch, we took a stroll at the Regent's Park. The park was so crowded with people. It was a beautiful day and Dominic fell asleep almost as soon as we entered the park!




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google