Monday, June 19, 2006

 

A Second Baby?

19-JUN-06:

Dominic will be 6 months old soon. And I've been a full time mother and housewife for 6 months now. Most people will imagine that my life is that of a "tai-tai" or "siu-lai-lai" who has nothing better to do except to go shopping, have high tea with other "tai-tai's" and have a manicure once every week. As it turned out, my current job scope as a mum and wife is far more demanding and challenging than any other jobs I've had. And I pride myself for giving the best I could ever give to the two people most important in my life - they have 100% of me.

I have always wanted more than one child. I used to want four children. Then reality got the better of me and I decided that two will be ideal. Now, I am thinking maybe one is enough. There are hints everywhere telling me not to have another baby. To start with, SM is not doing much in playing the role of a father. It is sickening to be responsible for everything. I'll bet a million dollars he doesn't know when Dominic needs to eat, how much he eats, what he can or can't eat, when he needs to sleep, how to put him to sleep, where I keep his clothes and diapers, etc etc. He has never fed Dominic once ... yes, not even once since we got here. He has never bathed Dominic. It wasn't that I did not give him a chance. When Dominic dirtied his diaper, I asked "Would you like to clean him?". The answer is always no. Do you want to feed him? No. Would like to try bathing him? No. I feel that he just isn't interested in this child. HIS CHILD. Dominic goes to bed at 6:30pm. When SM comes home, he is already asleep. The next morning, he barely looks at his son and sets off for work. When Dominic cries when he's sleepy, he'll complain that he is a difficult baby. His exact words: "You only know how to cry. That's all you know." Well, I was like just put him to sleep, damn it. You have not fulfilled his basic needs, how can you expect him to be happy? If this is the way it's going to be, I'm not having another baby. No, thank you very much!


On the other hand, I feel that all children should have at least one sibling. If I were to have another baby, it would be for Dominic.


Dominic is growing up very quickly and he looks more and more like his daddy each day. A friend told me that Dominic is getting more and more handsome, and I agree!

Well, just something cheerful to brighten up this blog entry, here are some cute cute photos of Dominic.


And to end this entry, there's one last thing I'd like to say. There should only be Mother's Day. Father's Day is not necessary at all.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google