Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

Ipoh Here We Come!

15-APRIL-2006:

I took Dominic for his first long distance trip today ... back to Ipoh for Grandma's birthday (my Grandma, not Dominic's Grandma). It took me the whole morning to pack his stuffs. KS (my brother) arrived at around 10:30am to pick us up. By then, I was trying to load the stuffs into the car and KS helped. He asked me if I'm shifting house. Haha! You see ... it wasn't that much; I only packed the following:
  1. Dominic's stroller (so that he can sit/sleep at the restaurant)
  2. A moses basket (so that he can sleep at my dad's saloon where there's no bed, but we ended up not using it)
  3. Dominic's car seat, of course
  4. Bag containing Dominic's clothes, diapers, bottles, handkerchiefs, etc
  5. Bag containing my own stuffs
  6. The steam steriliser

Not much right? However, after this first experience I will eliminate the moses basket and the steam steriliser next time.

The birthday dinner was a blast. The food was exotic. The first dish was, as usual, some expensive shark's fin dish, followed by individual servings of abalone ... large abalone. Then there was a lobster dish (picture below). Too bad I only thought of taking photos of the dishes AFTER I have finished eating the first two dishes. :p

There was this fish which costs more than RM1000. Below are pictures of the fish before and after it's been cooked. The fish is too expensive, therefore we had to inspect it before it is cooked, you see. :p It tasted just like any other normal fish to me. Apparently, it was expensive because it was a deep sea fish which is hard to catch. The name of the fish in Cantonese is "So-Mei".


Our first long distance trip turned out okay. Dominic seems to love car rides. Well, at least he slept throughout the journey. He was a bit cranky at the restaurant though because he was sleepy and the place was extremely noisy. At night, we slept together in one bed while I cuddle him. He must have been happy for that. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google