Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

Beach Without Sand??

29-July-2006:

We went to Brighton beach. I had been warned prior to that that Brighton is not a sandy beach, but rather pebbly. But it didn't prepare me for what I saw. For the first time in my life, I saw a beach filled with pebbles ... like those that you'd put in the garden next to a coy pond.


It was Dominic's first time in a beach, but I don't think he enjoyed it at all. The water was too cold and he screamed at the touch of it. I think everything was so strange to him that he kept looking at the ground and there was a worried look on his face. The pebbles ... oh my God ... have you walked along one of those acupuncture stone paths? It was really painful. Even Dominic didn't want to get down onto the ground.

There was a pier that ran a few hundred meters out to sea and at the end of the pier was an amusement park, much like the Genting theme park. It was amazing!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google