Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

Do Baby Boys Get An Erection?

20-Sep-2006:
We were in our hotel room in Edinburgh one morning and I was dressing Dominic up. But before that, I had to clean his private part first and to my horror he began to get an erection when I touched him! I covered him with a cloth and after a while he became soft again. Then I started cleaning him again and he got an erection once more!
So the question is ... do baby boys get erection? And do they feel anything when they have an erection? And when they do, are they sexually stimulated? It's scary to think that Dominic can be sexually stimulated at this age ... REALLY.
Anyway, I did a little bit of research on the Internet and here's what I found.

From About.com:
Q. From What Age Do Males Start Masturbating?
Answer from Jerry Kennard,Your Guide to Men's Health
Boys get erections as small babies. It is reported that self stimulation occurs as early as at 6 months of age in boys (about 10 months in girls). Most self stimulatory behavior is stopped because it is not socially acceptable. Masturbatory behavior tends to resume in privacy when children are about 8 years old.
My comment: Scary ... can't believe kids these days start masturbating at the age of 6! But I do believe it happens.
From Drugs.com:
It is common for a baby boy to have an erection of his penis. Your baby may have an erection during diaper changes, when breast feeding, or when you are washing him. He may also have an erection when his diaper rubs against his penis. An erection is normal and you should not do anything.
I felt much better after reading the answer from drugs.com above.

Comments:
ok, so this is probably one posting Dominic would not like to read once he's a teenager :D
 
Well ... he's lucky to have a mum who records down all his developments .. :p
 
I am obviously a very un-hip mum as it never occured to me that my baby might get an erection! Go boy!! Of course his father thinks its something to do with 'strong' genes in that area *sigh*.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google