Monday, September 25, 2006

 

Sleep Training - Part 2

25-SEP-2006:
Have you read my post about Sleep Training? It was when I trained Dominic to go to sleep on his own. Sleep training part 1 is totally successful! I now only need to put him in his cot. It's great and I never thought this was possible.
Sleep training part 2 was about getting him to sleep in his buggy. Everytime we were out and he got sleepy, he would cry for his bed or for one of us to pick him up. Most of the time, he would remain in our arms until he fell asleep. It was very inconvenient. And so sleep training part 2 began.
First Day: I took him out on his buggy in the afternoon, about the same time when he always had his nap. As predicted he started crying when he felt sleepy. And I just let him cry it out. He continued to cry and I continued to walk. He cried for 20 minutes and I walked the 20 minutes. Finally, he fell asleep. And I had 45 mins of exercise that day.
Second Day: I took him out on his buggy again. We walked for a while and he became sleepy. He whimpered a little and then he fell asleep. So far so good.
Third Day: This time he fell asleep without even a whimper! And I thought that my training had been successful. As it turned out, I concluded too soon.
Fourth Day: It was a Friday and I was lazy. So there was no training today.
Fifth Day: It was a Saturday and as usual we went out. It was the first test of whether my sleep training had been successful. Sadly, it was not. As usual he complained when he wanted to sleep. Probably because of the noise. Anyway, sleep training part 2 was a failure.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google