Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Dominic Says Da-da!!

22-NOV-2006:

Ever since I've gone back to work, I've been hearing about Dominic's progress rather than seeing it with my own eyes. I used to spend 24 hours a day with him but now I leave for work before he's awake and spends barely 2 hours with him in the evening before he goes to bed. The good that turns out of this is that SM has now become a more involved father.

I leave the house at 7:15 in the morning. Most of the time Dominic will wake up when I do and I'll give him his bottle. After that he either falls back asleep or plays in his cot until Daddy wakes up around 8am. Daddy will wash Dominic (at least I thought he did) before handing him to Nanny Maria.

One day, SM told me that Dominic said "mmm-mmm" in the morning when he wanted to do his big business. My response was .. "Really??" Really ... it has been one of my most frequent words these days.

Dominic knows how to wave bye-bye now.

Really??

Dominic said car-car today.

Really?

Dominic has been talking a lot today ... car-car, ja-ja, cha-cha, da-da ...

Really?

Dominic is growing another 2 teeth.

Really?

It has only been a little more than one week and I have already missed so much. Dominic is indeed growing every day. Two days ago he kept on saying "uh-oh!" over and over. Today he was saying "da-da"! Well, actually it was "da-da-da-da-da" but it'll make SM happier if we tell ourselves that Dominic actually meant Da-da!

Going back to work was something that I've been dreaming of for the past few months. Now that I've got it, life has taken on a new meaning and it's indeed more fulfilling. However, on the other hand I have to give up my child-bearing ideals. I'd like Dominic to brush his teeth twice a day, everyday. But I doubt that Nanny Maria does that - even though I have mentioned to her that Dominic needs to brush his teeth. I started to potty-train Dominic when he was 6-7 months old. Although he's now able to say "mmm-mmm" when he needs to poop but how do I know if Nanny Maria bothered to bring him the potty instead of letting him poop in the diaper? I told Nanny Maria that Dominic needs at least a book everyday before his bath, but I doubt that she reads to him very often. On top of that all, I can't even trust SM to clean Dominic's buttocks in the morning - as I found out a few days ago that he hasn't been doing so.



asd


Comments:
awwww u must be so proud he's progressing so well. he's actually doing good for a baby less than a year old.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google