Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

This Time WE ARE The Babysitters

9-Nov-2006:

Today, SM's colleague asked us to babysit his son Noah for the evening as his babysitter cancelled on him. Noah is 10 months old - the same age as Dominic. Noah had the reputation of being 'the better baby'. While Dominic was clingy and wouldn't sit still in his buggy, Noah never had a problem with the buggy. While Dominic was afraid of strangers, Noah had made many friends in his nursery. Noah was already feeding himself at 5 months old while Dominic only achieved that 2 weeks later. At 8 months old, Dominic was just pushing himself up to a standing position but Noah was already cruising around furnitures. It was true - his parents weren't boasting. I saw it with my own eyes. Noah was growing faster than Dominic. He had more teeth, he was taller and he was standing more steadily than Dominic.

When Noah's dad brought him over, Dominic was having his evening nap. Noah was so good and sociable. He didn't cry when mummy and daddy left for the theatre. He entertained himself with Dominic's toys while SM and I had dinner. He was really fine ... until we tried to entertain him!

It was all my fault. I was trying to count how many teeth Noah had and I said "Open your mouth, please. Ahhhhhh." And he started crying. He wouldn't stop crying after that.

Dominic woke up and he was so confused to see another baby there. He just looked on quietly and didn't do anything else. Noah was still crying and SM and I each took one baby in our arms and it reminded me of how it would feel like if we had twins.

SM and I both took turns to look after the babies while we took turns to shower. Noah still would not stop crying even though we gave him his bottle. Fortunately, Dominic was extremely good. For once, Dominic was the better baby!

We thought that Noah would feel more comfortable in his own home. So the four of us took off and went to Noah's apartment. But then he started crying again. Now Dominic was in a stranger's place, but he was fine. He crawled around the house and played with Noah's toys. He was the angel that night.

With all my motherly instinct, I finally managed to put Noah to bed. Dominic and I left the place at 10pm while SM stayed back until Noah's parents came home.

It was our first experience of being babysitters and I think we did alright.


Comments:
That is so funny and cute :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google