Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Dominic's First Baby Sitter

25-OCT-2006:

Today is Hari Raya. My recruitment agent called me to confirm that I were to go for an interview with British Sky Broadcasting at 4pm. She's a Pakistani Muslim who was born in Britain. I said I was surprised that she was working on Hari Raya. And she did not understand what 'Hari Raya' was. So ... what do you call Hari Raya in English? Muslim New Year? Anyway, I wished her happy Aidilfitri instead and this time she understood. :-)

Dominic met his first baby sitter today. I fed him in the afternoon, put him to bed for his afternoon nap and left the house at 2pm. (Yeah ... it took me 1.5 hours to reach the office). Dominic's baby sitter, Maria is a Slovakian who used to work in a bakery but has now quit her job because she wanted to be a nanny. She was a nanny with a family with two kids a few years back. She is married to an artist and they have no kids of their own.

I got back from the interview at 6:30pm. Maria told me that Dominic had been a very good boy. He did not cry when he woke up and found mommy missing. Only thing was she thought Dominic was hungry because he only had milk, as I thought I would feed him dinner when I get back. Dominic usually would have his dinner at 5pm. When Dominic saw me he instantly reached out his arms for me ... so cute!

SM came home shortly after I did and the three of us had dinner together. It turned out Dominic was as hungry as we were.

Maria charged £5 per hour and we're considering her as Dominic's nanny when I go back to work.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google