Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

Subway Sandwich

19-OCT-2006:
It happened when we were in Paris - starved and looking for food. We spotted Subway and I said 'Let's go grab a sandwich'. It was really what I had in mind - go in, grab the sandwich and start stuffing (I was really hungry, you see). There on the menu was a choice of sandwiches - tuna, bacon, ham, meatballs, etc. First of all, the guy at the counter could speak very good English - he's from Miami, you see. When it was our turn,

I said: One tuna sandwich and one bacon sandwich, please.

He said: What type of bread would you like?

And there were 4-5 types of bread.

SM said: The Itallian bread, please.

Guy said: Would you like it toasted?

We said: Yes, please.

Guy said: You want cheese with that?

We said: Yes.

Guy said: Do you want tomatoes?

We said: Yes.

Guy said: Cucumbers?

I said: Just put everything in.

And there were pickles, lettuce, onions, olives and green chile.

Guy said: Would you like some sauce?

We said: Yes, yes.

Guy said: So which sauce do you want?

And there were at least 8 bottles of sauce there!!

So what I wanted to say was ... you see when we goto Mc Donald's, most of the time we just order 'Value Meal 1' or 'Value Meal 2', and that's it. The meal will automatically come with your choice of burger, fries and coke. Do you even realise that nowadays you'll be given a coke automatically unless you specify otherwise? Well, when we went to the Mc Donald's in Paris, we (1) Choose the burger, (2) Choose a side dish (fries, wedges or salad) (2) Choose a drink (coke, 7-up, fanta, coffee, tea). See the difference?

And when we goto a Chinese restaurant, it's true that we order each individual dish, but we are not asked questions like - 'Do you want salt in that?' or 'Would you like Thai rice or Malaysian rice?'. And when we order fried kuey teow, it is fried kuey teow. Standard. Prawn mee is prawn mee. Chicken rice is chicken rice. It will come with the cucumbers, soy sauce, beansprouts, etc. No questions. Even when I buy a sandwich from Coffee Bean or Starbucks, I don't remember being given a choice of what ingredients I would like to have in my sandwich.

So ... I think I still prefer the fast and simple. Just give me that sandwich and put in everything that I paid for! :p

The same principle applies to Dominic. He will eat whatever mummy offers. Yes, he can have his preferences but there's no reason to be choosy. I feel that fussy eaters are mummy's fault. And fussy mummies who offer their child only what they like themselves - tsk tsk tsk tsk.


Comments:
Hi suk ye!!! How's life over there? Dominic is very cute...:) Muz be very handsome when he has grown up. hehe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google