Tuesday, February 05, 2008

 

Never Knew I Had Low Blood Pressure

5-FEB-2008:

The new year came with new year's resolution (as usual). Last year, my new year's resolutions were:

(1) Stop falling asleep on the couch while watching TV - I think I pretty much achieved that since I hardly watch TV anymore. It gets pretty annoying when you're watching the final episode of One Tree Hill and later found that you've missed the ending because you fell asleep during commercials! Now, thanks to Sky+ box, I can now rewind if I did fall asleep. :-)

(2) Pay off my home loan - done, and I'm happy that I have one less burden to worry about now.

(3) Eat healthier and more exercise - funny how I tend to make this same resolution every year. :-) Eat healthier? I don't know. I cook fresh food every day and have salad for lunch, but I also snack a lot - chocolates, crisps, cookies. I think I need to eat healthy AND eat less. Exercise is an on off commitment. I used to swim every Friday after work until winter came and my willpower gave way to ... excuses, I'd say.

So what are my resolutions this year? First of all, I think resolution number (3) above was under achieved so I'm going to start with that this year. Came 31st December 2007, I finally signed up for the company gym after working here for more than a year. I then started going to the gym at least twice a week and spent an average of 30 minutes per session on cardiovascular exercises. It has been a month now and I'm glad to say I haven't given up yet.

On a related note, the fitness manager took my blood pressure when I signed up for the gym and I was surprised to find out that it was low. I thought maybe it happened only on that particular day. And then when I moved to the new office site, I signed up for the gym there and again my blood pressure was low. Hmmm ....

My body fat reading was also taken and it was also low ... woo-hoo! It was 18.1%. According to the fitness manager, the normal range for a woman is between 20 and 25 - but maybe the average for British women is higher than for Chinese women?

My second new year resolution is to go to bed earlier. At the moment, my normal bed time is between 11pm and 12am. Yesterday I was in bed reading Eclipse (again) until Saimun turned off the lights and forced me to go to sleep. Ideally, I would like to be in bed by 10:30pm.

Every year, I would have 3 new year resolutions but this year I have only 2. I can't think of anything else I want to achieve except for the obvious ones.

Finally, two things that I'm happy about today:

(1) I'm happy that my Nintendo DS Lite tells me that my brain age is 23. :-)

(2) I'm happy that I'll be working from home tomorrow.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google