Monday, March 23, 2009

 

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Sunday, 22-March-2009:

It was Mother's Day in the UK and on Friday we had a tea party at Dom's nursery. There were other mums there too. The expression on Dom's face when he saw me was priceless! He shouted "Mummy!" and ran to me with arms stretched out wide and high. And he told everyone (the adults) that "this is my mummy!". I was so glad I took the day away from the office to attend this tea party.

Party food consisted of cakes and cookies that the children baked, Nutella sandwiches that the children made and fruit skewers that the children put together. Honestly, they weren't very tasty, but hey, my little boy made them FOR ME! Anyway, the children ate most of the food themselves. :-)

IMG_0002

IMG_0003

IMG_0011

IMG_0014

Dominic also made this tiny photo frame and card for me. I think his art work has improved quite a bit. Although the photo frame was painted in just one colour but it was evenly painted (better than some of the ones the other children made). And the drawing on the card actually looked like a drawing instead of just scribbling. I aksed him what the picture was and he said those were potatoes! He also said something about seeds and flowers but I couldn't make out what he was saying but the words "seeds", "flowers" and "grow" were in the same sentence so I suppose he was trying to tell me that he drew seeds which will grow into flowers.

IMG_0015

Friday was also the day the boiler broke down. It was fortunate that I was home in the afternoon and therefore noticed it early enough to get the boiler man to repair it on the same day. Dominic was home when the boiler man came and as usual, being the "King of questions" that I call him, he launched into non-stop questioning. "What are you doing?" I'm here to fix the boiler. "Why need to fix it?" Because it's broken. "Why is it broken?" I'm trying to find out. "What you going to find out?" Until eventually the man said "Can you be silent? You're talking too much. Don't you drive your mum crazy?"

On Sunday (the actual Mother's Day itself), we attended church and Dominic went up and got this beautiful pot of flowers for me! He was so brave and independent.

CIMG5432

What can be happier than knowing that your child loves you? He patted my back when I coughed and he asked "Is it better?". He *inspected* my pimple and asked "Is it painful? Wanna put some cream?". He kissed my finger when I accidentally cut it with the slicer. He told me that my buttocks were wobbly when I undressed (yes, he really did use the word wobbly - which I think was a very accurate description indeed). He said that I wasn't fat when I asked if I was fat. He said "ouch" for me when my bones creaked. Happy Mother's Day to me indeed!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google