Friday, April 24, 2009

 

Our Easter Weekend

I have meant to post this a long time ago but some stuffs came up and I procrastinated. Anyway, the Thursday before the Easter weekend was my birthday. We celebrated in our pyjamas with a simple chocolate cake (which I didn't bake). Dominic made his own party hat out of manila cardboard and coloured plastic wrappers.



CIMG5463


CIMG5464


The following day (Friday), we made a spur of the moment decision to drive up to Wales. We booked a hotel, packed and off we went! We stayed 2 nights near Cardiff, did some sightseeing and visited this historical cave / dinosaur museum that I can't recall the name of. And we took a long drive to Swansea and walked on the beach wrapped up in our coats. It was a sunny weekend but extremely windy.


CIMG5474


CIMG5476


CIMG5482


CIMG5484


CIMG5486


CIMG5501


CIMG5514


On Easter Sunday, we drove to Oxford and had lunch at Ellen's place where she made us roast lamb, potatoes, some vegetables and dessert. It was a delicious meal and Dominic had two servings. While he normally doesn't enjoy vegetables, that day he asked for more leek and more leek, and he also finished all of the broccoli on his plate. I tried to re-create the purple sprout broccoli at home but he told me it wasn't nice. Ellen, what secret ingredient did you put in there, because as I can recall you put olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and that's what I did?


CIMG5519


CIMG5521


CIMG5523


CIMG5526


CIMG5527


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google