Sunday, March 21, 2010

 

Adventure Saturday

22-MAR-2010:

Saturday saw me taking Dom and Em out to lunch again, this time at Mid Valley Mega Mall. Some people (particular those who don't have kids) wondered how I managed to bring the kids out so often. Well, this time I was faced with some small difficulties. :p

I had arranged to meet a friend (Adel) for lunch. Lunch is normally around 12:30pm and I thought I would leave around 11am, so that:

  1. I can find parking and beat the jam
  2. I can go to Maybank and open accounts for the kids before I meet Adel (but where is Maybank in Mid Valley? I still don't know.)
  3. I can top up my phone before lunch

I thought I would reach there at 11:30am and have 1 hour to do all those before lunch. Plenty of time. :-)

As per planned, we got there and parked our car just on schedule. But then, oh ... shit ... I felt a full blown stomachache. You know, the kind that you had to 'go' asap? Right. It's okay, I thought, plenty of toilets in there and we have plenty of time. The first that we found didn't have a disabled toilet. How? Where will I leave my kids? There wasn't enough space there for the buggy too. And there were people queuing up. Definitely not safe to leave the kids there by themselves. So off we went to look for another one. One floor up and we saw the symbol of the wheelchair. Cool! But Alamak! It was locked! Never mind, I just saw a signboard pointing 'Hotel' right ahead. Hotel toilets should be nice and cosy and cleaner too. So we crossed over to the other building to Gardens Mall. For those of you who don't know yet, Mid Valley now has a 'new wing' and an 'old wing'. The new wing is called Gardens Mall and that's where you'll find all your Coach, Prada and whatever.

Very nice place there. There was no crowd, the place was quieter and definitly more 'high class'. Looking forward to their comfy toilet. But alas! They charge RM5 per entry because it was a 'Premium Toilet'. Nah ... I wasn't going to pay RM5 to take a dump! So I asked if there were any other toilets in the building and the man hired just to collect money in front of the loo said, 1st floor, one floor up. By now, Dom was already complaining that he 'got no energy left'. Good boy, he had been tagging along without any complaints. One floor up later, we saw this sign: "Closed for maintenance, sorry for the inconvenience!" We eventually found a loo. A normal one, not one for the disabled. It was clean and rather spacious and there wasn't a lot of people, so I told Dom to stand by the buggy and 'take care of Emily', while I did my business. Haha. Had to keep talking to him through the door to make sure he was still there.

By the time we were done, it was time for lunch already. After lunch, we shopped around and I even bought a blouse, but ALMOST lost my wallet! Enough excitement for one weekend already. We stayed home the whole day on Sunday, except to the church.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google