Thursday, March 11, 2010

 

What's the Reason?

11-MAR-2010:

One of my uncles has a sophisticated and expensive camera. One of those large ones with huge lenses. SLR, they call it, isn't it? When we were back in Ipoh for the CNY, he was snapping away with the camera - during the lion dance at the shop, of Emily when she was awake, of Emily when she was asleep and of the rest of the people too. That afternoon when we were home, I said, hey can I upload those photos of my beautiful daughter on to my Flickr now? He said, just a moment, he needs to convert the photos from its 'raw' format first, otherwise Flickr will not recognize the files. I think he took at least a couple of hours to do that (but that's due to a technical error). Then he spent some more hours adjusting the color of the photos, the hue, the saturation and what not ... one photo at a time. I felt exhausted just watching him do it. So my question is, what's the point of having such an expensive camera when you still have to spend so much time to digitally 'correct' the photos?

Let's just say that you're out shopping one day and somebody, say from UNICEF or WWF stopped you, said that people are suffering, the earth is suffering and would like to donate a small amount of money to help out? It's not a big amount. Just maybe RM36 per month, which comes up to only RM1.20 a day. What reason have you got to decline? I can't find any. I mean I am out shopping. On a work day. And I have spent a lot more than RM36. I can't say I can't afford to. But I can say that I don't want to ... which makes me feel selfish. What would be your excuse?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google