Tuesday, March 02, 2010

 

Long Weekend

3-MAR-2010:

Last Friday was the Prophet Muhammad's birthday and was a public holiday. I had such a long weekend with no plans at all that I spent Friday and Saturday at home with the kids. On Saturday evening after dinner, my BIL made an impromptu suggestion to visit the I-City at Shah Alam. I was all for it. Anything to get me out for the house. :p

At I-City, it was "people mountain people sea", meaning there was a crowd. What is that place anyway? There were trees (fake ones, probably) decorated with bright colourful lights, sculptures of animals and plants again decorated with colourful lights. There were stage performances but I think only because it was a special weekend - Chap Goh Mei or whatever. As usual, with this sort of thing, traffic was horrendous and parking was nightmare (but we were lucky to find a space relatively near to the site). It was 11pm by the time we got home and close to midnight when we finally got into bed.

IMG_0522

IMG_0524

IMG_0550

We got the kids some "light sabers" (according to Dom).

IMG_0532

IMG_0539

And Emily just entertained herself with her favourite past time - sucking her thumb.

IMG_0528

The next day (Sunday), I took the kids to church as usual where the pastor talked to the kids about the Lent season and temptations. How much could Dom understand, I'm not sure, but at least he participated by raising his hands, saying his favourite food is McDonald's and that chocolates are not good for you (because somebody said he/she was giving up chocolates). I think kids are so cute, especially when one of the boys (older ones) raised his hand and said that he has given up vegetables! And another asked if he can give up school and homework. Haha! Last night, when talking to his daddy on the phone, Dom exclaimed, "Daddy, you cannot eat chocolate for four days!". "Not four days", I said, "It's forty days!". In fact, it is more than 40 days because you don't count the Sundays. Last year, I asked a friend if it means we can take a break on Sundays if they're not counted. I forgot what her answer was but last Sunday the pastor told the kids that they are not required to fast on Sundays. Therefore, after church that day, off we went to McDonald's! Dominic gobbled up a whole chicken burger while Em sucked her thumb. Dom didn't last 3 days without chocolate. :p


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google