Tuesday, February 23, 2010

 

My 4-Month-Old

24-FEB-2010:

Emily is 4 months+ now. During her visit to the paediatrician last Saturday, she weighed 4.7kg and her "height" was 62cm. Behavioural wise, she is still the same as one month ago. There is no change in her feeding pattern. She still feeds the same amount, at the same interval and same time of day, EXCEPT for one very important point, i.e. she has stopped waking up at 2:30am for her night feed. Instead, she awakes at around 5am.

For the past 2 days, I have been home due to an allergy to the eyes and have witnessed her normal routine on a weekday. It is as what my MIL has told me and as I've described in one of my previous posts. She sleeps through the morning and doesn't wake up until 11am. She "plays" quietly in her cot for about 5-10 minutes and smiles and anyone who pokes his/her head in. And then, my FIL feeds her water. There is a time for drinking water and this is it. My in-laws are very methodical and they carry out the same tasks everyday. After drinking water, MIL bathes her. Meanwhile, the breast milk is heating up in a bowl of hot water and by the time she is done bathing, the milk will be warm and ready. She falls asleep again shortly after feeding, and she remains asleep until about 3pm. In fact, I noticed the past 2 days that my MIL is actually quite free between 12pm and 3pm. She has time to take a short nap and read the newspapers, or just generally rest without doing anything in particular. Dom, Sern and Joe are in school. Em is napping. The only one needs watching is Shaynne.

Yesterday, Dom came back at 3pm and woke Em up. She has her milk and then she just watches and listens to the others play and talk. Eventually, the four of them all fell asleep. One by one, they start to wake up from their nap at around 5pm. Em only wakes up at 6pm. She drinks her milk, and then she basically does nothing much. Sometimes she falls asleep again. At around 8pm, she starts to fuss - we normally just shut her up with the pacifier or hold her up in a sitting position in front of the TV. After a while, she falls asleep.

Four-month-old Emily is very expressive. She must be the happiest baby I've ever seen because she's always smiling when she sees me or her brother or her grandma. She smiles when I look her in the eye. She smiles when I kiss her feet. She laughs when I kiss her cheek. She laughs even louder when I tickle her tummy. She laughed hysterically when Dom and Sern talked to her. I wish I had captured it on video. She shows fear when she's held up high in the air. She shows anger when I put her down while she expects to be fed. She shows excitement when she knows that I'm about to pick her up.

IMG_0484

IMG_0394

IMG_0410


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google