Monday, February 08, 2010

 

One Week Down

8-FEB-2010:

It's been one week since Saimun was away. He left for the airport last Sunday morning - before Dom even woke up. That Sunday, I stayed home with the kids the whole day. When everyone was asleep in the afternoon and the house was quiet, I thought about the same situation more than 4 years ago. Remembering what it felt like made me feel like crying.

After I got through Sunday, the week days were a breeze. This is how I spent my week days the last week:

6:30am - I wake up to feed Emily. I feed her at the same time every morning regardless of whether she's still asleep.

7:00am - I asked Dominic to wake up. After that, we both snooze for 10 mins. Then I ask him to wake up again.

7:15am - I bathe Dom and get him ready for school. He eats breakfast.

7:40am - He goes to school. My FIL sends him.

7:40 - 8:30am - I change Em's nappy. I need to change her so that I can put her nappy into the washing machine (she uses cloth nappies). She remains asleep throughout the whole process. I then load the washing machine and set it running. I brush my teeth, get dressed and pack my home-made lunch.

8:30am - The laundry is done. I hang them out to sun dry and leave the house.

8:45am - 6pm - Office work. I express breast milk 3 times a day, have lunch in the pantry (or at my desk) and Saimun calls once a day, usually in the afternoon.

11:00am - Em wakes up (according to MIL, she wakes up the same time everyday). She drinks some water, plays on her own for a while, then MIL bathes her. FIL gives her her milk after bath. She sleeps, eats and stares at the ceiling the whole day long. She has her milk again at 2pm.

3:30pm - Dom comes home from school. His grandma bathes him. Then he either plays or sleeps.

6:00pm - I leave the office on the dot.

6:30pm - I reach home. Em will be either having her milk or has just finished it. Dom will be half-way through dinner. I put the breast milk in the fridge, change and have dinner with Dom.

7:00 - 8:00pm - I wash and sterilize all of Em's bottles, wash Dom's tupperware and re-fill his water bottle for the next day and checked his homework, hoping he doesn't have any homework. I then take a shower and fold the dried laundry that MIL left on the bed. Meanwhile, Dom will be either playing or watching the TV. Em will be asleep mostly.

8:00pm - I towel bathe Em. Her face lights up when she sees me. She tries to talk. A lot. And she laughs happily. We spend a bit of time chit-chatting. Then she falls asleep.

8:30pm - Dom drinks his milk and has some snacks. Then he brushes his teeth and we go into the room. We read a couple of books, gives daddy a call to say good night and then it is lights off.

9:00pm - I pump milk (otherwise won't be enough for next day).

9:30 - 10:30pm - Me time. I watch the TV or surf the Internet using iPhone or flip through interior design magazines / brochures. Em wakes up occassionally when her thumb or the pacifier slips out of her mouth.

10:30pm - I change Em into her PJs and I breastfeed her. We both fall asleep in the process.

12:00am - The alarm rings. I wake up, put Em back into her own cot and wake Dom up to pee. Then I go back to sleep.

2:00am - The alarm rings again. Dom pees again (I snooze for 30 mins and he wets his bed).

2:00 - 5:00am - Em wakes up once for feed. Sometimes she doesn't wake up.

6:30am - The cycle repeats.

Weekend - We stayed home the whole day on Saturday. I did the laundry, ironed the clothes and cooked dinner. Dom and I both washed the car. There was nothing to do.

On Sunday, I drove both the kids out all by myself for the first time. We went to the 9am church service. After that, we stopped by to grab some lunch and then headed off to see Loo Yin's new house. Old house but fully refurbished with everything brand new including doors and windows. You can buy a double-storey house with the money she spent on renovations (not in PJ though), but it was really very nice. Not that child-friendly though, I have to say. We went out for lunch and spent the whole afternoon in her daughter's playroom (Dom cooking up a dinner party with the masak-masak set). Em couldn't fall asleep with all the commotion. We left at 5pm, and I had to cook dinner when I got home. :-(

We got home at 5:30pm and I gave Em a bath and she fell asleep straight away after that and woke up only once at around 9pm for milk. After that she fell asleep again till the next morning. Dom watched TV while I cooked dinner. He went to bed at 8:30pm and me at 9:30pm.

Today is Monday again and I'm counting down the 2nd week.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google