Friday, February 19, 2010

 

A Gift for Daddy and Mummy

19-FEB-2010:

Dominic made these in school and he insisted that the fish be given to daddy. Since daddy is miles away, I told him that I'll snap a photo of it and show it to daddy. "But how do you show it to daddy?", he asked. Obviously, he didn't fully understand the power of the Internet yet. I explained it to him. He repeated what I just said, as though trying to get a confirmation, "Now you put it in the laptop and then daddy can see?".

IMG_0467

IMG_0468

IMG_0469

IMG_0471

IMG_0472

We went back to Ipoh for CNY. On the way back to KL, there was a jam on the highway and Dom asked why there were so many cars. Distractedly, I said, "Because everybody is going to ma-ma's house". It took us about 4 hours to reach home. Just before going to bed that night Dom said, "Mummy ... my daddy said you cannot bluff. You bluff me". I told him to explain. He said, "You said everybody is coming to ma-ma's house!".

His Manglish is atrocious now. He's using expressions like "Where got?" and "It's not like this ONE".

The past few days were holidays and I suspected he watched a lot of TV at home. When I came home, he asked me questions. What's a sunken ship? Why is there no monster in our closet? Soya sauce comes from beans? I asked where he heard these things from. From the TV, he said.

Yesterday, we called his daddy to say good night as usual. He is slowly getting used to talking on the phone now. Previously, I guess he found it awkward and he spoke veeerry softly into the phone. It's because both Saimun and I seldom use the phone, you see. Yesterday, he yelled into the phone, "Daddy, what time is it?". "It's 3 o' clock", said his daddy. He turned to me. "And it's 3 o 'clock also in Malaysia?". "No", I said, "It's 11 o ' clock here". (He slept late last night because he took a long afternoon nap and it's still school holidays). He yelled into the phone again, "Is it morning time at London?" "Yes, it's afternoon", said his daddy. "Oh ... why is it night time in Malaysia and it's afternoon at London? Is it magic?" I said I'll explain it to him tomorrow. He yelled into the phone again, "Daddy ... yesterday it was raining at Malaysia. Soooo heavy ONE! Is it rain so heavy at London too yesterday?". Daddy said, "It was snowing in London yesterday!". He turned to me and said, "Is it because I shake the snowing thing and now it is snowing at London?". You see, when we spent the night at my uncle's place during CNY, there was a crystal ball-like thing in my cousin's room. When you shake it, the crystal ball fills up with "snow". The silly boy thought that when he shakes the thing, snow will fall in London!

When we first arrived at my uncle's house in Ipoh, Dom exclaimed, "Wah ... your house is so nice one!". Notice that he likes to add "ONE" behind every sentence? This is an influence from his cousins. They have great influences on him. When I told him that he is 4 years old, not 5 yet, he said, "But Wing Sern said I'm 5 years old", and he insisted that he's 5 already. Anyway, back to the incident in Ipoh. After he complimented the house (while we were still outside), we stepped into the house. He looked around and then he said, "Hmm ... this is a small house!". To be fair, it wasn't a small house. It was regular size for a double-storey house. Thing was, we just came from my grandmother's house which was a semi-D and much more spacious so it was no wonder that Dom found it small compared to that.

We had many, many heart-warming and laugh-inducing conversations lately but I just can't recall all of them at the moment.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google