Tuesday, March 09, 2010

 

The Sun is Loading!

10-MAR-2010:

Dominic used to like watching You Tube videos on the Internet, as well as culinary videos on food.about.com. When he was small, he used to say, 'Mummy can I watch food about dot com?' He has stopped doing that now because the Internet here is - I quote Dom - 'very very slow'. He would ask why is it taking so long and I would say, just wait, it is loading.

When Dom was small and when he used wake up very early in the morning, I always told him to go back to sleep because 'it's not morning yet'. Most of the time, he would just lie awake in bed and when the sky finally got bright he would say, Mummy, it's morning now, can we wake up?

Now that he is going to school, he wakes up very early in the morning, i.e. at 7:15am, and he leaves the house at 7:40am. The sky is usually already bright when he leaves but on one particular morning, we woke up earlier than usual and the sky was darker than usual. We had the following conversation.

Mummy, why?

Why what?

Why are we waking up?

Because you need to go to school.

But it's not morning yet.

It's morning already.

But I can't see the sun.

The sun is coming up. Very slowly, but it's coming up.

(Quiet for about half a minute) Ohh ... I know. The sun is loading!

Haha! We sat out in the front porch and watched the sun rise. We ended up with a few mosquito bites on the arms and legs. Nevertheless, it was my first time watching the sun rise with my son.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google