Friday, March 26, 2010

 

Reunited!

26-MAR-2010:

Saimun arrived back here yesterday afternoon! When I got home in the evening, Dom was having dinner and he ran to me with a very sweet smile, hugged my hips (because he could only reach my hips) and said "Mummy, I'm so happy!".

Later that evening, his daddy showed him all the toys he had bought for him - almost the enitre suitcase and his toys alone weighed 8kg. There were some clothes too, which he ignored and 2 pairs of shoes which were too small for him (never mind, will save them for Emily instead). After all the excitement, he leaned his head against his daddy's lap and said, "Daddy, I am so happy!".

That night, he insisted that his daddy slept with him, which he did, and after he fell asleep, his daddy sneaked back into our own bed. As usual, in the middle of the night, I woke Dom up to pee and noticing that his daddy wasn't in his bed anymore, he asked, "Where's my daddy?" After I reassured him that the huge, dark lump lying on our bed was his daddy, he promptly went back to sleep.

Shortly before 7am, he woke up on his own - he never woke up on his own in the morning, I always had to drag him up and "support" him while he half-walked out into the living room to snooze on the couch for about 5 mins before brushing his teeth. This morning, he woke up and his first word was, "Daddy?"

The 3 of us squeezed into his single bed and my little boy was the happiest boy in the whole world.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google