Tuesday, December 28, 2010

 

School Holiday Summary

28-Dec-2010:

Oh boy! It seems like I haven't done this in months, so here's probably my last post for the year. I promise that next year I'll be more "hardworking" :-)

So there's only less than 1 week before school starts again. I think overall it's been a great holiday for Dom as well as for myself. Since the school holiday started, I've been taking half day on every Tuesday and Thursday to do stuffs with him.

Firstly, on Thursdays, I enrolled him into an arts and crafts class at Little Da Vinci at Ikano (next to Ikea). So in the morning, after dropping Em off, we would head over to Ikea. He played for free at the children's section and I drink tea (free one cup of coffee or tea everyday with Ikea Friends card :-). Free refill too!). When it was time, I would send him to his art class and for 2 hours I did various things every week such as shopping, reading in the book shop, banking and buying Christmas toys. I have to say, 2 hours just ain't enough. Haha!

Then, on Tuesdays, we did various activities. We went swimming, did some gardening, went to the park and fixed a fan. I wanted to buy some plants to put around the house but Dom insisted on getting seeds instead because he wanted to see them grow. So we bought some pots, some seeds, gardening earth, some tools and I let Dom do it all by himself. He seemed to know what to do exactly without any guidance. He scooped earth into the pot, scattered the seeds and then cover them with another thin layer of earth, so that birds don't eat the seeds, he said. The he watered the seeds and I had to do the cleaning up. About 1-2 weeks later, they have sprouted greens, except for one which is still bare.

DSC00646

DSC00649

DSC00651

DSC00657

DSC00663

DSC00666

DSC00720

On top of the Tuesdays and Fridays, I also took some extra days off together with Saimun to go somewhere with the kids. We went to Sunway Lagoon for a full day. That was really fund and I'll blog about it in another post. Then we also went to Port Dickson and stayed overnight. That was fun too although the trip there took us about 4 hours (instead of the 1 hour promised by Saimun). Then, we also went up to Genting Highlands for a day. This wasn't so nice because of the crowd. We actually spent most of the time queueing up for the rides!

Now, at the final week of the school holidays, I'm back to work "full time" (hence the reason I have time to blog). Hehehe.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google