Wednesday, September 29, 2010

 

Picnic

29-Sep-2010:

Many weeks ago (longer than I can remember), we had a picnic breakfast at the playground near our house with a couple of friends and their kids. I put Emily on the swing and she enjoyed herself soooo much!

After that, when I told Saimun that it was her first time on the swing and she already enjoyed it so much, he said, no, it wasn't her first time. He had taken her on the swing many times before this. Huh??? Why didn't I know about it.

Apparently, the first time Emily went on the swing, she was sitting on Saimun's lap. As such, Saimun was unable to see her expression as he swung happily away, but Dominic, who was facing the both of them said, "Daddy, I think Emily is scared!". Haha!

Anyway, I think it's time for some updates about my little girl again.

Sigh, first of all, I think at her age, I find her very small and lightweight. Plus, we went to Singapore for a holiday and she didn't eat much during the trip and became even skinnier. Then, a few weeks after that, she had diarrhoea and it seems like she lost more weight there. In terms of food intake, I find that she's beginning to dislike porridge and prefers rice instead, therefore I've stopped cooking porridge for a while and feeding her rice instead. I think it's more work for me since I need to think about what to go with the rice as well, instead of dumping in whatever I have for porridge.

Physically, she is very mobile now. She is able to walk about 4-5 steps at a time, unaided, and she can normally walk further if she's holding something in her hands. She can also climb up and down the stairs. At her grandparents' house, she can climb up the couch, which is about the height of an Ikea kiddie chair.

Intellectually, I find that she is "smarter" than Dom used to be at this age. She seems more aware of her surroundings, and able to communicate better, in her own ways. For example, she is able to tell me she wants a drink by putting her water bottle in my hand and opening her mouth. She can tell from my tone of voice that I'm not happy with her and she would lean her head against my tummy, lap or shoulder, as if to say "I'm sorry". During meals, she is also trying to feed herself using a spoon, although not very successful. She also has quite a good memory. She recognizes the vaccum cleaner and knows that it makes a loud sound (will quickly crawl away when the thing comes). Plus, one day she was playing with her grandma's radio and turned the volume so loud that it scared her. From then on, she has never touched the radio again.

In terms of speech, she makes a lot of noise, as usual, mostly "AAAA" or "Ehhhh". But every morning, when Dom gets into the car to go to school, she would wave her hand and say "Bah bah bah bah", which means "bye bye". In fact, she would do that even when we're still in the house and I say, "Let's go out and say bye-bye to gor-gor", which shows that she already understands a lot that I say.

To the grandparents, she is really the most difficult baby they have ever taken care of. She refused to be left alone, even for a few seconds, which means that her grandpa has to be with her all the time. She needs to hold her grandpa's hand tightly during afternoon naps and will wake up shortly, find that her grandpa is no longer around and scream at the top of her lungs. The only way to make her sleep is that he sleeps together with her. Basically, it is impossible for him to get anything done. During weekends, when she is with us, she plays around the house by herself as long as we're within her sight. She takes very short naps during the day and doesn't really sleep much.

Emily has never used a potty since birth. Ever since we moved into our current house, she did her poo directly into the toilet, using Dom's trainer toilet seat, whenever I manage to catch her before she poo-ed into her nappy. Recently, I had finally understood her language and know that she wants to poo (most of the time). She would crawl to me with an "eh-eh-eh" and will keep trying to stand on my lap. Nobody understands what she wants except me.

Emily has also stopped using a bath tub ever since she could sit unsupported. Instead we shower her while she sits on a stool. Nowadays, she can also stand while we shower her. During her early baby days, she would cry everytime we shower over her head. But now, she makes a face but doesn't cry anymore. She loves to play with water and she loves swimming. When I am mopping the floor, she can spend the whole time following me (or more like the bucket) and playing with the water in the bucket. I know it's dirty water but I wash her after that anyway, so it should be alright.

She likes to point with her index finger. If she likes you, she will point at you with her index finger and will even try to touch your nose or face or hand with it. She reminds me of ET.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google