Wednesday, July 28, 2010

 

Taking a Break From the Kids!

29-July-2010:

Tomorrow morning, I will be flying off to Kuching for a weekend break with my colleagues, leaving the kids behind with Saimun for 3 days. My heart feels so heavy. I've never been away from them since Dominic was born more than 4 years ago.

I am not worried about Dom. He is independent enough and knows what he wants and will ask for it. I'm not worried that he might get hungry, hurt, cold, bored, sad (probably) or whatever. I told him that mummy is going for a holiday for a few days and he is to stay home with daddy. His first question was, "After that, are you coming back?". Of course, of course, my dear boy! Don't forget to pray when mummy is not around.

With Emily, I think that's where my concern is. My prediction is that she will not get breakfast. Lunch will be bits and pieces from daddy's plate. She will not get milk until she's crying for it. Her nappies will be changed every 6-8 hours. Nobody will notice that she has done a poo until hours later. Maybe she will skip a bath on Friday or Saturday. She might bump her head once or twice, or put something horrible into her mouth. Sigh ... I think I need to pray really hard when I'm away.

With Saimun, I have an inkling that he is less laid back when I'm not around. Let's hope that I am right. I might come home on Sunday and find that the house is all cleaned up and the kids well taken care of. Or he might forget to throw out the garbage and attract cockroaches into the house.

Whatever happens, I can be sure that MIL will spend a lot of time at our house. She has already planned to spend Saturday afternoon there and cook porridge for Em. I think she is more worried than I am.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google