Monday, June 21, 2010

 

New Place, New Lifestyle

22-June-2010:

After two nights of sleeping in her own room, Emily has almost lost her voice from crying. On both nights, she woke up twice between 9pm and 6am. On the 3rd night, there was improvement. For the first time, she fell asleep on her own (after much crying admittedly but nevertheless she didn't need any of us to be in the room with her). At 5am, I jerked awake, heart thumping, afraid and wondering why hadn't she woke up the whole night since going to bed at 9pm. Not even to cry. I went into her room and she was fast asleep. At 6am, she was still sleeping but I had to wake her up for a feed because we'll be leaving the house at 7am.

Dom had a breakthrough too. He didn't end up in our bed last night. But he still wouldn't go to bed alone. I think his daddy worked on the laptop in his room until he fell asleep.

Yesterday evening worked out quite well too but I've got something to mention. I reached the in laws' place at 6:30pm, had dinner and fed Emily. The plan was to leave the place by 8pm. In reality, I had plenty of time to eat, feed and pack. But the MIL was rushing me so much that I felt like I was being chased out of the house. She kept helping me to pack things up while I was having dinner and told me to leave the dishes and that she'll wash them. I know she meant well because in her mind late = traffic jam, but in actual fact late = traffic cleared. Anyway, we left at 7:45pm because Dom wanted to finish watching a show on TV. We reached home just before 8pm.

Actually, the thing I wanted to mention was that my MIL bundled up the kids' dirty clothes (which were wet) and told me launder them at home. I don't mind doing my kids' laundry but I just wonder why she would wash all of my SIL's kids' clothes but not mine? Maybe she has her reasons but I felt that she was very biased. Never mind. In a way, I like having full control over my children's affairs. :-)

Back at home, there was a lot to do. I had to bathe Emily (not necessay coz she's already bathed in the afternoon but I think she sleeps better if I bathe her) and put her to bed. Then I had to clean all the bottles, lunch and breakfast tupperwares, Dom's water bottle and prepare Em's meal for the next day. There was no TV in the house to entertain Dom but he was an angel (as usual) and didn't give me any trouble. The troublesome person was Emily but I just let her cry herself to sleep in the room, checking on her occassionally. I think she cried for about 45 mins or 1 hour last night. I think she might have cried less if I hadn't gone in to check on her. Everytime I went in, she cried louder and tried to climb out of the cot (not that she could). When I said "no", she screamed even louder. Let's see what happens tonight.

Saimun came home at around 8:30pm and had dinner (which I ta pau from the in laws'). After everything was done, I managed to read a book and went to bed at around 10:30pm. Not bad at all, I'd say.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google