Thursday, April 22, 2010

 

Ain't She Adorable?

22-April-2010:

She is 6 months old now and growing up so quickly (which is a good thing, I'm not complaining). At this stage, you can more or less tell what her characteristics will be like when she grows up. More than once, I saw a reflection of myself in her:

1. Bad tempered - she gets very angry and cries loudly when (1) she thinks that one of us was going to pick her but we walk away instead, (2) she's sleepy and Dom is making noise, (3) sometimes for no reason, when we put her down. Hungry? Sleepy?, (4) she's in her buggy and we stop pushing (sometimes). Bottom line is that she's an impatient baby, just like me, and easily annoyed. :p

2. Emotional - apart from showing her anger, she is also very generous with her smiles and laughter. About anything can tickle, even if it's just a peck on the cheek. I love her for this. I recall that when I was small, more than one person has called me 'Dai siu gu poh' (which means 'old lady who laughs big', I think).

A bit on her developmental progress. She can now roll over from front to back and back to front. When on her tummy, she likes to perch up on all fours, like crawling. She can also move forward but not actually crawling but pushing forward instead, if you get what I mean.

She likes to grab objects - anything within her sight and reach. She can now grab an object and put it into her mouth, and can also pass the object from one hand to the other and back. She's also quite good at throwing objects onto the floor/bed.

She can now sit unsupported for a longer period but still not very steady. The problem is she can't sit still and much too excited about her surroundings. She is always very happy to see me in the evenings. I think she must have been very bored during the day. MIL keeps her in the bouncer all the time. If you don't know what's a bouncer, it's one of those that has a metal frame and you pull a piece of fabric over it so that it functions like a hammock and you can bounce the baby up and down a bit on it, hence called a bouncer. I don't like Emily to be in that all the time because (1) It limits her activities. She is basically allowed to only lie on it and do nothing else. She can't crawl, can't "exercise" and I think it's so boring. (2) She now manages to roll over even in the bouncer, therefore not very safe. (3) The bouncer is placed on the floor and prone to accidents when other kids run around and play. Once, Shaynne fell, hit her head on the bouncer frame and got a horrible bruise. As selfish as it sounds, all I could think of was that fortunately she didn't fall on Emily, although Emily could have cushioned her fall a bit.

She is sleeping less during the day now. During the weekends when I'm around, she doesn't seem to be sleeping very much during the day and only for very short periods each time (hardly more than 1 hour). She doesn't fall asleep easily when there are activities around her, and when she does fall asleep, she awakes easily. There is no problem at night when the lights are off and everyone else is asleep.

She can recognize faces. At the least, she can recognize MIL and I. She follows us with her eyes around the room and sometimes cries if we ignore her. She has a terrible loud voice when she cries. FIL describes her as 'Old fierce hen' ('Ngok kai na' in Cantonese). It has just occured to me that both my kids have the following same characteristics: (1) Loud voice, (2) Big eyes, (3) Nice hair, (4) Wees a lot.

IMG_0708 IMG_0706 IMG_0702 IMG_0713


Comments:
She looks a lot like you! Truly a very adorable and happy baby.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google