Wednesday, April 21, 2010

 

Weekend in Mid April

21-APR-2010:

One of my friends commented on her Facebook, asking why Monday comes so soon after Friday but Friday is so damn far away from Monday? Another friend commented that and in between, you've got WTF too! Haha!

Truly, my weekends these days are so precious. In fact, I spend the whole week looking forward to it. I feel that my time here in this brightly lit office is "a waste of my time". As usual, I could have just worked 20 hours a week (instead of 40) and still achieve the same outcome. I just don't spend so much time chatting and blogging. :p

Anyway, last weekend was a nice one. We spent Saturday morning getting stuffs done around the house, such as ironing Dom's school uniforms, getting him to do homework and taking the new car out for a "spin" - did not actually spin it but just a figure of speech. I drove very, very slowly. In the afternoon, we took the kids swimming - Em's 2nd time. I think she's beginning to enjoy it, and Dom is now quite good too, although still swimming with arm floats on. I asked Dom if he would like a swimming instructor, i.e. a teacher who can teach him how to swim, and he replied, "Huh? But I know how to swim already!". I wonder if it is necessary to send him for swimming lessons? Both my brother and I did not attend any - we just goofed around and our grandparents showed us a few strokes and we both can swim pretty well now, but not saying that we're qualified to participate in any race, but at least can save ourselves if need to.

IMG_0686

IMG_0688

IMG_0694

On Sunday, Dom and I went to church as usual. He is getting used to Sunday School over here, which is very different from the ones he attended in London. It is more serious here - they actually read the bible (but taught in a way of story telling) and they take attendance each week. Dom can remember some of the stories but not sure how much he actually understood.

In the afternoon, Saimun and his brother took the boys for a movie. They watched "How to Train a Dragon". I was rather excited about it, not because I was going to watch the movie but because it was an opportunity for me to go shopping with Emily while the guys were watching the show. I love shopping alone - no one to hurry me up and I don't have to wait around for the other person. It was going to be great, but unfortunately my MIL decided she wanted to come shopping with me too! It wasn't so bad but I'd really prefer more freedom and not being questioned on everything I so much as set eyes on. In the end, I didn't manage to buy anything except 2 bottles of nail varnish. Wasn't planning on getting those at all but I felt out-numbered when MIL bought 2 pairs of shoes!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google