Tuesday, April 06, 2010

 

Quick Update on the 33-Year-Old

7-APR-2010:

Yes, he is no longer 32 years old. He had his birthday a couple of months back and sad to say, he spent it alone in London. Nevertheless, he received a birthday gift from moi here and Dom wished him a happy birthday on the phone. A few days later, we spoke on the phone again and Dom said, "Daddy, it's your birthday!". I said, "No, daddy's birthday is over." He looked confused and he stared at me momentarily. "But ... but daddy ... you didn't eat the cake and blow the candles!". Haha. Children. They are so naive and cute.

Anyway, Saimun is back for good. He is back to annoy me! Haha! I mean ... of course it's great to have him back. He helps to get Dom to bed so that I now have more time in the evenings. He helps to entertain Em when I need to do other stuffs. He sends me to work and picks me up so that I don't need to drive. He helps to look after the renovation and runs around buying stuffs for the house. It's all good.

He's been back for barely 2 weeks and he spent those 2 weeks (presumably) monitoring Job Street. If anyone of you has applied a job through Job Street before, you will know that once you've submitted an application you'll be told of how many competitors you have. Saimun told me about one job where there were 150 applicants. He didn't feel he had a very good chance there. On Monday, he was called for an interview but was told that he was 'over qualified', whatever that means?? Anyway, I am proud to announce that has found a job already and will start work "on the 17th", he said, but strangely 17th is a Saturday. Maybe he meant the 17th next month. Sooo lucky to have God's blessing.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google