Monday, April 19, 2010

 

Ageing

19-APRIL-2010:

I celebrated my 33rd birthday last week. It was a joyous occassion, firstly because it reminded me that I am loved by the people who are important to me, and secondly because it is a blessing to have lived yet another year.

The day started with a 'Happy Birthday' greeting from Saimun, which I accepted groggily (from sleep) but happily. I know some of my friends normally get a "candle light" dinner (whether or not there is a candle in this case is not the point), or a branded handbag ordered all the way from Paris (really happened, I'm not making this up), or a piece of jewelry or something else fancy, or at least a movie night away from the kids but that has never been our style. In fact, I have mixed feelings about him getting me a gift, unless I choose the gift myself. :p Sometimes it's hard to understand what men were thinking when they bought their wives gifts. Haha!

Later that day, my boss bought me a birthday cake, we sang a song, ate the cake and I took the leftover home for Dom.

Feels so weird to be addressed as 'Leong Suk Ye' again while all the time in the past 4 years, I've been calling myself 'Sukye Leong' (sometimes Sukye Chim), and 'Sukye' pronounced as 'Suki'.

That night, Saimun bought me another cake and we had another cake-cutting ceremony at home. Dominic behaved as if it was his birthday. He blew off all of my candles before I could make a wish! He even chose the cake!


Comments:
Happy Birthday! Isn't it great that the blessing is not in the gifts but the thoughts of your loved ones, which is truly priceless.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google