Thursday, July 22, 2010

 

Dominic - Add-On

23-July-2010:

As an afterthought, there is something that I'd like record down about Dominic. We had many conversations and I enjoyed them very much and often found him amusing. Due to my aging, I can't remember them all. They lurk around at the back of my mind, telling me that there was something amusing and interesting that he said, which I have to relate to his daddy, but I can't remember what it was. One incident I remember though, happened some time last week, and I only remembered it this morning (it's a Friday) because he reminded me so.

As a rule (since we moved in to our own home), Dom is not allowed to watch any TV except on Friday. He accepted that without any argument. However, he does not know it when Friday comes. Sometimes, he will ask if it's Friday yet (when it isn't a Friday), and I'll say no. One Friday evening, his daddy was home early and saw me unpacking the shopping (I also have the habit of doing my groceries on Friday, during lunch). He asked casually if I went shopping. I replied, yes, I go shopping every Friday. Dom, who was minding his own business nearby overheard and he got all excited. Suddenly, realization dawned on his face, and he gave a gasp before asking, "Is it Friday, mummy?". Yes, I said. "Gasp! Oh ... can I watch TV?". Haha.

This morning, it happened again (that is why I remember the incident now). From the car mirror, he saw his PE uniform hanging at the back. "Gasp! Is it PE today?". "Yes". "Is it Friday today?". "Yes". "Yeah ... means I can watch DVD today!". (Note: He only watches DVD now because we haven't got the TV aerial connected and we don't subscribe to any pay TV).

What is so attractive about the TV?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google