Tuesday, September 14, 2010

 

My Kuching Trip

14-Sept-2010:

As you may already know, I went to Kuching for a weekend break with my colleagues in early August and here's what we did.

Actually I can't quite remember what we did but overall, it was a nice a trip. We took a plane from LCCT to Kuching. It was my first time in LCCT and my first time on Air Asia. Was surprised that the airport was so happening. There were plenty of people and plenty of food outlets. The last time we flew from Subang airport to Redang, there was nothing at all to eat at the airport and I was expecting the same at LCCT, hence had packed my own breakfast and snacks. Turned out, we had McDonald's instead.

The moment the plane started moving, I almost regretted choosing this trip. All sorts of terrible thoughts went through my mind. What if the plane crash and I never see my children again? I should've taken a bus instead. Thank God, thank God, thank God, I am still here and alive. :-) I don't know when I started to get so paranoid and worried about everything.

_MG_1402

We arrived at Kuching airport and it was bigger and nicer than I had expected too. We headed straight to the hotel, checked in and then took a taxi to the "Main Bazaar", i.e. a shopping area. The shopping wasn't that much fun, especially since I really dislike shopping. Besides, all the shops were selling the same stuffs. It was interesting to note that the exact same thing can differ by quite a lot in price in different shops. Since we were there almost the whole afternoon (accompanying colleagues), I bought some pepper and small souvenirs for the kids.

The next day, we visited the Cultural Village - basically a display of all of the pre-bumi's houses - Kadazan, Bidayuh, Melanau, etc, etc. I actually had quite a lot of fun here although it was scorching hot. In the afternoon, after lunch, we visited the Orang Utan sanctuary.

CIMG6870

CIMG6918

CIMG6927

_MG_1035

On Sunday morning, the gang went to the market (to shop again but I didn't go. I went to church instead. Very impressed that the service started and ended right on time as per what was written on the bulletin. Took a cab there, but after the service was unable to find cab back! Thank God again for very friendly church fellows who sent us back to the hotel in their car. Promised to keep in touch via Facebook but now have forgotten their names. :p


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google