Thursday, February 07, 2008

 

Chinese New Year Eve

7-FEB-2008:

Happy CNY everyone!

With proper planning, both daddy and I were able to work from home yesterday. It was great. It gave me time to finish whatever I needed to do for work, clean the house, shop for groceries and prepare a '9 tai guai' (well, sort of) for the so-called reunion dinner. Dominic spent the day in the nursery but we received a call at 3pm telling us that Dominic was running a temperature, so we picked him up. What a shame to fall sick on CNY. :-( I gave him a bath and put him down for a nap. He woke up for dinner and was ravenous.

I asked daddy what he would like to have for dinner and he said that the dinner must consist of everything - chicken, fish, prawns, vegetables and soup. Ideally, there should also be 'siu yuk' but although it's not impossible to get, it would be quite troublesome. So here's what we had for dinner yesterday. Dominic's favourite was the chicken and the broccoli.

Well, there you have it. That's how we celebrated CNY eve.

This morning, Dominic was still running a temperature and daddy is staying home with him. I had to get to work as I have a meeting scheduled in the afternoon. I may leave after that. I'd prefer nothing better than nursing my little boy back to health. The truth is, the whole family is down with cough and running nose - which really sucks. I've been having a mild sore throat for days now that threatens to develop into a fever.

Finally, two things that I'm happy about today (after all it's an auspicious day and we should only think about happy things):

  1. I'm happy that I called my grandma to wish her 'Gong Xi Fa Cai' this morning.
  2. I'm happy that my new desk is at the corner facing the wall so that I can blog inconspicuously (yes, I moved office again!).


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google