Thursday, October 16, 2008

 

Sophie Kinsella

16-OCT-2008:

I asked for some reading materials suggestions some time back and someone recommended Sophie Kinsella - thank you. I picked up a couple of her books and honestly, I liked it. :-) I've picked up the other recommendations too - Mauve Binchy, Jeffrey Deaver, Steve Berry, etc - all lying at home waiting to be read.

Okay, back to Sophie Kinsella - I've read two of her books now - The Undomestic Goddess and one from her Shopaholic series. I have to say there isn't anything special or spectacular about both. The plot is simple and totally predictable. Saimun took all the fun out of reading by accurately predicting all the outcomes. The writing is simplistic and there isn't any rhetorical words that I don't understand, although I can't help noticing that she writes in the present tense (in both the books), which is a bit unusual. Although both the books are about very different personality, the author uses the same style of narrating and she keeps using the same words which makes me think that her vocabulary is actually quite limited.

Although I may make it sound like a boring book but I totally enjoyed it. I liked it because it was like watching a comedy on TV and I love comedies. I liked it because it was easy reading and very relaxing. Both the books didn't make me cry or laugh or dream or my heart beat faster - they were simply enjoyable and nothing more than that.

I will continue reading Sophie Kinsella until I find something better. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google