Friday, September 19, 2008

 

Conversation

19-SEP-2008:

Funny conversation I had with a friend the other day:

Friend: How's your new project?
Me: Good. At least there's something to do.
Friend: I thought you always have something to do but just not enough to occupy for the whole day.
Me: That is true, but now there's actually work to occupy me the whole day.
Friend: So you mean you're happy because you have a lot of work?
Me: (The way she put it, I seriously didn't know how to answer) Well, it's not a good thing when there's no work.
Friend: Is it because you're bored or because you think you may not be needed?
Me: (That part about not being needed has never crossed my mind) It's because I'm bored.

So, later I got to think about it and I concluded that the problem is that time passes by sooooo slowly when I'm in the office if I have nothing to do. This new project was supposed to last me 2 weeks but I was only *busy* for the first 4 days (minus the day and a half I took off when Dom was sick), which equals to 2.5 FULL days of actual work. Haha! And the people think that I'm doing a *fantastic* job. They'll be more work to come after the workshop this afternoon but till then I'm pretty free. I've not run a workshop for many, many weeks now and I feel kinda nervous and excited.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google