Friday, September 12, 2008

 

Looking Forward to Tomorrow

12-SEP-2008:

Tonight will be the last night I sleep alone. Or maybe not because I'm planning to ask Dominic to sleep with me tonight. :-) Tomorrow morning, daddy will be coming home. This time, he's gone only for 6 days and Dominic had asked the question only once: Where is daddy?

Daddy sent me an email when he arrived at Chicago last Sunday. He wrote: "Hi, I have arrived safely at St. Charles ... bla, bla, bla ... Cheers, Saimun."

I wrote back. I started typing: "Hellooo ...". And then I erased it and typed: "Hi dear ...". But it didn't feel right to me. We have never called each other dear or darling or any other pet names before, as far as I can remember. That's not our style. The most I could bring myself to write was "Dear Saimun ...", but I settled with "Hellooo ...". :-) I ended the note with "Love, Sukye" to tell him that I missed him, and clicked send before I could change my mind. We say things better with action rather than words.

When daddy gets home I will tell him that Dominic came back from school yesterday and said "Eugene hit me on the head". Was it painful? Yeah ... and he made a pitiful face. In this situation, should I or should I not inform the nursery of the incident? I don't want to sound like an over-protective mother and I'm pretty sure it was a minor thing. If it had really hurt, I'm sure the people at the nursery would have noticed the incident. Besides, I think Eugene is Dominic's best friend because he's been talking about him a lot - I chased Eugene ... Eugene squashed me ... Eugene is a monster. And you know what? Eugene is the only other Chinese boy in the nursery. His mum speaks Mandarin to him and it may have sounded like M'sian or S'porean Mandarin. I've yet to ask. He just turned 3 a couple of days ago but he's shorter and thinner than Dominic.

The weather has suddenly turned very cold today. As we were walking to school today, even Dominic commented that it was freezing. When we arrived at the nursery, he told Belinda "It's freezing. Look at that!" (pointing to his nose which was dripping). He then walked to a shelf, pulled a tissue, blew his nose and threw the tissue into a dustbin. He was so independent, whereas at home, I would have wiped his nose for him, else God will only know how much tissue he would waste.

Finally, are you smarter than a 4-year-old? Answer the questions below - honestly, from your knowledge. Don't Google, don't refer to anything, don't ask anyone.

1) Name the nine planets in the universe in order, starting from the one nearest to the sun.

2) Which is the largest planet?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google