Wednesday, August 20, 2008

 

The Cute Stuffs

20-AUG-2008:

Sigh ... it is one of those days again where I have very little to do at the office and I'm pulling my hair out trying to think of things to occupy myself with. It's hard to think properly these days since I've probably been using only 3% of my brain power since I started working here. Heh! My brains will actually hurt now if I have a complicated use case issue. How horrible is that?

Contrary to my boring life, I think Dominic has been having a great time at the nursery. There had a pyjama party on Monday and I'm sure he had a lot of fun. I packed him his Thomas & Friends pyjamas and Barney slippers and I've not seen that pair of slippers since. I hope it is still somewhere in the nursery.

Yesterday, the nursery manager told me that Dominic is very popular with all the female teachers. Not that there are any male teachers but what she meant was Dominic is so chatty and so extremely cute that he often gets a lot of attention from the ladies. That's my boy. Haha! I could see that myself. When I dropped him off in the morning, he was often scooped up by somebody for a huge hug - doesn't happen to every kid there. :-D

Ever since he picked up the new skill recently (i.e. singing), he has been really noisy at home. I would catch him talking to himself and asking himself questions too. Such has when he was singing the following in the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Start": Mo-nash, Mo-nash, na-na-na. Pi-kush, Pa-kash, ba-ba-ba. And then he stopped and asked "What is Mo-nash? What is Pi-kush?". I find it hilarious everytime he does this and he keeps on inventing new lyrics for the songs. However, he never actually sang the original songs completely. Perhaps he has problems memorizing the lyrics.

At the nursery, I can see that Dominic has turned sociable compared to the loner he used to be. He actually has "friends" now - friends that he addresses by name. Friends that he actually play with - not just play alongside each other. YL was asking me if Dominic tells tales of his friends. The answer was no before but I think he is now starting too. He is now telling me that "Eugene play the pencil" or "Kemi throw Thomas (the train, not the person)".

Overall, Dominic has been a good boy - no fuss at dinner, goes to bed on his own on time and obedient too (although we had to repeat every instruction several times). Alright, alright ... so today is brag-about-Dominic day. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google