Monday, July 28, 2008

 

My Spring Onions

28-JUL-2008:

I've always wanted to grow spring onions. A Polish girl once told me that I can just dump an onion into the water and it will grow - but I didn't try that. Another friend told me that I should plant shallot bulbs instead - but I didn't try that either. Most gardening websites on the Internet told me that I needed to plant spring onion seeds - but that seemed too long a wait and I was impatient. So here's what I did.

I bought spring onions from the supermarket, ate them and "re-grew" the stalks. First, I put them into a glass of water and I saw results within 2 days.

Seeing that the technique works, I then plant them in a trough and look how big they are now. I've even used some of them for my dishes last week. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google