Thursday, July 10, 2008

 

We're Green

10-JUL-2008:

After settling down at our new place, it was time to find out how to dispose off our domestic waste. On the first day, daddy had a brief chat with our neighbour and he found out that garbage is collected every Tuesday and we are to leave our garbage bags in front of our property early Tuesday morning (or the night before). As usual, daddy didn't care about recycling, so he didn't ask about it.

The following Monday, I wrote an email to the council and enquire about recycling. I received a very, very long email containing all the details I need to know. On Tuesday, I returned home from work to find the green box/bin on the front door. I only wish the Malaysian DBKL, MPPJ, etc are half as efficient.

We received this green box to put our recycling items in. We should leave the green box in front of our property every Tuesday morning to be collected. We can recycle paper, cardboards, aluminium, plastic and glasss.

We also received this white bag for plastic recycling, but you can also put them in a plastic bag if you don't have a lot of plastic to recycle.

And we also received this green bin for food waste recycling. I used it for about 3 days and then gave up. The smell that came out of the bin everytime I opened it was too horrible. Besides, we're not allowed to line the bin with plastic bags because they're non-bio degradable, which means I have to clean it everytime after it is emptied. I couldn't bear the smell. Maybe it won't be so bad during winter.

There is also an orange bag for garden waste but I didn't request for that.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google