Wednesday, July 02, 2008

 

Another Move

2-JULY-2008:

Apart from moving home, I've moved desk at work as well. The area that I work in recently undergone some renovations work to expand the workspace. It was the most pleasant office move I've ever had and I felt that it was extremely well organized. We received emails throughout the process to update us on the progress.

One Monday morning, I came in to find that the meeting room has been reduced to half its original size. It was quite impressive that they could complete the renovation just over the weekend as the original meeting was still there and nobody was working on it when I left the office on Friday.

Two weeks later, we received a plastic box and some stickers with our names on. We were told to pack our things into the box, label it and push it under our table by Friday evening. We were also to label our PCs, monitors, TVs, set-top-boxes, telephone, etc so that they can be moved to our new desk.

The following Monday morning, I arrived at the office to find my new desk all set up - phone working, TV connected, set-top-box plugged in - all ready for me. Unfortunately, now my desk is much less inconspicuous and it's smaller than it used to too.

The funny thing about working here is that no matter what your designation is, you get the same desk, in the same open area and the same amount of drawer/cabinet space. It doesn't matter if you're a tester, business analyst, a manager or the head of department, you don't get special treatment by having a larger desk or room than anyone else. However, it's a different story for the executives, of course. Some people at my office do get a larger flat screen LCD TV, as compared to the ancient one that I've got.

Despite the smaller desk and having to sit next to my boss, I have to say I've got a pretty nice view. :-D


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google