Thursday, June 12, 2008

 

A New Wave, New Challenges

12-JUNE-2008:

I feel like I'm entering another phase of parenthood. When we were back in Malaysia a month ago, we noticed the first signs of changes in Dominic - difficult to control, wants his own way, ignores instructions, acts against you on purpose, talks back ... well you get the idea. My days of reading parenting books have long gone since I *think* I know all about taking care of a kid to toilet training to making nutritious meals to diagnosing sick symptoms but now, can you believe I have Super Nanny by Jo Frost lying in the bedroom? It's time to take some actions. Feeding time. It's sometimes impossible to get him to eat, much less getting him to feed himself. Funny enough, he was alright whenever daddy was around to eat with us. Bedtime. Why do I always have to stay in his room until he falls asleep? I now take a short nap every night from 9 - 9:30pm in his room! With that, my routine is required to change too.

Next week is another challenge as I want to leave the house at 7:30 in the morning, which means Dominic has to wake up at 7am the latest, which also means he should go to bed earlier in order to get the same amount of sleep. What with taking longer to get home from the new nursery, the evening will get even shorter! This is one of those times I wish I have super powers.

I will post some useful tips from Super Nanny whenever I get round to it. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google