Monday, May 26, 2008

 

KL Diary - Final Episode

26-MAY-2008:

The last week of our holiday in KL went by very quickly without me realizing what we were doing and now we are back in London. We spent the first half of the week meeting up with friends and relatives for a final catch up and later in the week, Dominic started to feel unwell. He vomited a couple of times or so and everytime after he took his milk. We were not sure if the milk was the culprit since he has been drinking the same milk for more than 2 weeks, but we stopped it and he didn't throw up anymore. He kept asking me to "chung nan nan" and I explained why he couldn't have it. He replied by asking me to "buy chung nan nan". Obviously, he didn't understand what I was saying and it was the first time I realized he has never understood the meaning of "chung" and "buy". Ever since then he has been using the word "buy" incorrectly - such as when I told him I've got no money, he told me to "buy money". And when he asked me to cut his nails and I said his nails were already short and there was nothing to cut, he told me to "buy nails"! And there are so many more examples that he asked me to buy something that can't be bought. Daddy thinks that his concept of "buy" means to get back something that has been lost.

One afternoon, I was having lunch in the kitchen while Dominic was watching TV in the living room. When I finished my lunch I didn't see Dominic in the living room. I asked my nephew and he told me that Dominic was in the room. Since daddy was no where in sight, I assumed that daddy has taken Dominic into the room for his afternoon nap. After about 10 minutes, I found daddy at the porch reading newspapers and I asked him where Dominic was. He replied "I don't know, I thought he was with you." I went into the room and saw him fast asleep in his cot. Daddy and I sneaked out for some couple time and only returned 4 hours later to find Dominic still asleep!

The next day, we took the kids to Sunway Pyramid but Dominic was feeling rather miserable. He threw up in the morning after taking his milk and he refused to get out of bed. He loved swimming and stayed in the waters most of the time but we didn't see his usual excited self. He didn't laugh, didn't yell, didn't jump, didn't smile. He kept asking us to go home. When we finally left, he fell asleep in daddy's arms at the souvenir store.

This time round, the journey was a lot better. Dominic slept quite a bit and I even managed to watch 2 movies AND get some sleep. The 13 hours actually passed by rather quickly. We arrived home at about 6pm. Dominic went to bed at 9+pm and slept through the night. Somehow the jet lag is a lot milder compared traveling east.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google