Wednesday, April 30, 2008

 

Getting Ready to Fly

30-APR-2008:

Three more days before taking off, we have already started packing. Last year when we went back, we carried two suitcases full of chocolates and souvenirs for others and only underwears for ourselves. This year, we could be repeating the same thing, although it seems like there are more things to bring along since Dominic is older now. First of all, we have to be prepared with stuffs to entertain him during the long flight. I have a few things in mind:

1. Lots of books. Fortunately, he has plenty of lightweight paperback books.

2. Crayons and colouring books. I must remember to photostat his colouring book as the whole book is simply too thick and heavy. And I must remember some blank paper to scribble on as well.

3. I'm still trying to decide whether to bring along the laptop just in case Dominic wants to watch his movies. Or he can watch it on daddy's MP3 player but the screen might be too small for him. Or maybe he can just watch the in-flight entertainment programmes. I'll let daddy decide whether HE wants to carry the laptop.

4. Snacks!

5. I can't think of anything else. Ideas, anyone?

And since we'll be going to Redang as well, we need to pack our swimsuits, Dominic's arm bands and goggles. We also have a bottle of leftover sunscreen lotion (which is 2 years old now) and it will be a good time to utilize it (if it hasn't expired yet). Oh yeah ... this time round I have to pack Dominic's toilet seat as well!

Speaking of this, the other night when we were waiting at A & E, Dominic suddenly said he wanted to poop, so I took him to the hospital's toilet. Fortunately, it was clean and dry and I popped Dominic onto the toilet seat. I had to hold him so that he wouldn't fall into the toilet bowl. It was pretty tiring and I was bleeding at the time. Plus, the problem was he didn't want his daddy to do it instead. Well, at least he didn't refuse to go on an "unfamiliar" toilet. I wonder when will be the right time to tell him that he and mummy have different private parts and that he should go to the toilet with daddy instead.

I think Dominic is coming down with a cold, so I must remember to bring along medication.

I guess that's all I can think of at the moment. Dominic ain't getting a bassinet to sleep in this time. I can't imagine how he can sleep while sitting in his seat. I imagine it will be a rather tough journey.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google