Monday, April 21, 2008

 

My Pregnancy Diary at 8 Weeks

21-APR-2008:

I am 8 weeks pregnant now and still not having any morning sickness at all. I'm beginning to worry if the baby is growing at all. I haven't had my first scan yet as I'm still waiting for an appointment from the hospital. It is very unlikely that I'll get the appointment before we fly back to Malaysia for our holidays. By the time we get back, I'll be around 13 weeks. I have made the decision to get a private scan back in Malaysia.

Actually, if I had been smarter, I would have mentioned to the GP that my last period was 2 weeks earlier than the actual date, so that by her calculation I would now be 10 weeks pregnant instead of 8 and hopefully the hospital will give me an appointment sooner.

I am a little bit constipated these days. I sometimes feel mild period-like cramps for short periods of time. They were so mild that they could be easily ignored. Other than that, I do not suffer any other symptoms.

My weight is 48.3kg. Assuming that my weight before pregnancy was 47kg (since I've gained a bit after living in Britain - the fattest country in Europe - for 2 years), this means that I've already gained 1.3kg in 8 weeks.

I am still going to the gym although I have reduced the frequency from 4 times a week to twice a week. Instead of running on the treadmill I now just walk at a pace that makes me slightly out of breath. Sometimes I peddal on the cross-trainer and yesterday I swam 16 laps. I am hoping all these exercise will give me a super easy labour. :-)

In terms of diet, nothing much has changed. I don't get more hungry than usual and I'm not experiencing any cravings. I mentioned to daddy that maybe I should start eating only organic meat (because of the injected hormone thingy) and he asked me to ask the NHS for their opinions - if it really makes a difference. If you actually believe half the stuffs you read about non-organic food, I can guarantee that you'll go organic immediately - pregnant or not. Well, for the health of my baby, I wouldn't mind paying extra. In fact, I think the whole family should eat organic food, not just me. After all, what is a little bit of money compared to a happy and healthy family? :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google