Wednesday, April 09, 2008

 

Happy Birthday to Me!

9-April-2008:

I celebrated my birthday today by first of all taking a day off work.  Dominic was not allowed at the nursery and I had all the activities planned for the day.  In my planning, we would bake a cake together, and then we would go to the park and then we would go shopping.  As it turned out Dominic woke up really late this morning and I baked the cake myself.  I got a liiiiiiiitle bit worried when he was still fast asleep at 10am so I woke him up instead.  We managed to go to the park and did shopping as planned.

So, here's the cheesecake that I baked.  I got the inspiration from my brother's girlfriend who baked a cake for his birthday 2 days ago.  Since I don't have a husband who can bake me a birthday cake (but he offered to buy one), I baked myself one.  This was my first attempt at baking a cake.  Although it didn't look very attractive but I have to say it tasted pretty good. :-D

For dinner, we had pizza, Campbell soup and my self-invented-inspired-by-my-pregnant-woman-taste-bud all season chickpea salad.  I love my salad invention - tomatoes, onions, sliced red chilli, cucumber, baby spinach and chickpeas in lemon juice and olive oil dressing, topped with crumbled feta cheese.  

Pizza cooking in the oven

He thought he should blow the candle

This year, I received 3 birthday presents from daddy. :-D  First, he got a new quilt cover set for our bed.  I saw it hidden in the room a few days ago but didn't say anything about it.  Hehe!  Then, today he got me a silk scarf.  My 3rd birthday present is the Wii Fit but it will only arrive end of this month.  


Overall, I think it was a wonderful day.  Now, I wish my birthday wish will come true!


Comments:
Happy Birthday, Suk Ye! May all your wishes come true. Btw, congrats on your pregnancy.

Sum Lai
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google