Monday, March 24, 2008

 

Shopping Is Like Chocolate Is Like Sex

24-MAR-2008:

Exactly one more hour and my four-day long Easter weekend will end. We have been busy this weekend. Instead of travelling to another European country, we opted to stay in London instead (without knowing that the weather would be that bad).

We had plans to go to Legoland on Friday, the London Aquarium on Saturday, Stonehenge on Sunday and shopping on Monday. Friday went well as planned. We went to Legoland at Windsor. The weather forecast said that it would rain at 6pm and it rained at 6pm.

Saturday, the temperature dropped to 4 degrees and we decided it was best to stay indoors - at the London aquarium. We promised Dominic he could see some sharks. When we got there, there was a queue about 100 metres long outside the building. We didn't even attempt to join the queue. The rest of the day was a waste of time. We went to the library but it was closed (and it wasn't stated in the website). In the end, we bought two Nintendo games (one for the Wii and one for the DS) and spent the afternoon on video games instead.

Sunday morning, we woke up to heavy snow. Well, maybe not heavy but the wind blew wild causing the snow to fall fast. We spent the whole day at home making curry puffs. I'm personally quite satisfied with our first attempt. In the evening, we went to a friend's house for dinner. I was rather satisfied with Dominic's behaviour at dinner - being able to join us at the dinner table the entire time - although he didn't quite like the food, i.e. roast duck legs with potatoes and asparagus. He ate only the potatoes.

Monday, the snow fell fast again. Daddy offered to look after Dominic while I go out shopping and I jumped at the opportunity. As always, my shopping trips were never just for the sake of looking-around-see-what-I-stumble-upon. I always have an objective - except if I'm accompanying a friend. This time my objective was to get a handbag that is large enough for my lunch box, spacious enough for Dominic's water bottle, snacks, wet tissues, etc. So I hopped on a train to Selfridges and got this DKNY bag.

As always, I got distracted on the way and bought a dress from FCUK and a jacket for Dominic at Gap. I must say that spending money gives me a rather good feeling! Haha!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google