Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Compromise

18-MAR-2008:

Daddy was watching the news yesterday and Dominic wanted to watch his Winnie the Pooh. He started crying when daddy refused to switch the channel. Not only did he cry, he ran to mummy. Daddy accused me of spoiling Dominic. Is that true? I don't know. I only know that Dominic follows my instructions obediently and does whatever I tell him to. Well, almost. Daddy challenged me to ask Dominic to stop crying. He challenged the wrong subject. It took only a little pat on the head and a soothing "Stop crying, be a good boy" to settle it. Haha! And a little "Get your handkerchief from the cupboard, let mummy wipe your face (tears, actually)" to send him off into his room to retrieve a handkerchief.

Daddy said that Dominic is manipulating me, because in order to get him to do something, he gets something in return - hugs, kisses, play time, sweets, juice, chocolates, etc. I'd like to call that a compromise instead, although daddy might be right that I'm raising a manipulative, spoilt child. I don't know. In the end, he didn't get his Winnie the Pooh after all but he was alright - because he knows that mummy is not a tyrant who says no all the time. Mummy is negotiable and he should be negotiable as well. Mummy said that daddy was watching the news, so instead of Winnie the Pooh, he got a whole lot of hugs and kisses from mummy. That's what I call compromise! I hope I'm right about this! :-D


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google